Cakes and figs are a heavenly match, and especially with the addition of rich cocoa to produce a decadent fudge-like chocolate cake!
Fig & Chocolate Fudge Cake – serves 8-10
Gluten and Dairy-Free
- 5 fresh figs
- 2 cups ground almonds
- 4 Tbspn cocoa powder
- 5 free-range eggs
- 3 Tbspn honey
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ~2-3 fresh figs extra, each fig sliced into rounds
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C and line a cake tin with baking paper.
- Place figs into a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add all remaining ingredients, except extra figs, and blitz until well combined and smooth. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and place extra sliced fig rounds evenly over the cake batter.
- Bake for around 40-50 minutes or until cooked through (when a skewer comes out clean).
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely before removing from the tin and placing onto a plate.
- Serve with freshly whipped cream, thick Greek yoghurt or for dairy-free a dollop of coconut cream or coconut yoghurt.